Alcoa High School Afternoon Pick-up Information
We ask that parents/guardians that are picking up their student(s) for car rider pick-up follow these helpful guidelines to ensure that pick-up flows smoothly.
- PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK/PARK ON LODGE STREET (Red on the map)
- Lodge St. should remain free of stopped traffic to allow for the event that an emergency vehicle needs to pass through. Please keep this in mind when waiting in line to pick up your student(s).
- Student Pick-up Line (Orange on the map)
- Parents/Guardians that arrive early to pick up their student(s), may line up along the curve in front of the Commons entrance.
- We ask that the first vehicles that arrive should pull all the way down to the STOP sign at Lodge St. to allow for more vehicles to enter the drive.
- If needed, vehicles may wait on the drive between Lodge St. and the Commons entrance drive (in their lane) but do not block entrances/exits to the parking lots.
- PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE OUTSIDE LANE OF THE COMMONS ENTRANCE DRIVE. THERE IS NO STOPPING IN THIS LANE. (Green on the map)
- Please keep traffic moving so that others may leave when their student(s) have entered their vehicle.
- We ask that you do not stop even briefly for a student(s) to enter into your vehicle. This can cause backups and delays.
- Parking is available. (Pink on the Map)
- We encourage parents/guardians to park in either of the two lots marked on the map to pick up their student(s). Students may walk to the lot so that you can avoid the pick-up line. We ask that you park in a space and not in the middle of a lane.
- BUS PICK UP ONLY IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL. (Yellow on the Map)
- The main entrance at the front of the school is for bus pick-up only. Please do not pick up your student(s) in front of the school.
Thank you for your help in making afternoon pick-up run more smoothly.
Please reference the map for more details.