Who to Contact:
Tracy Downs: School Counselor, students with last names beginning with A-K.
Katie Ferrell: School Counselor, students with last names beginning with L-Z.
Leann White: Registrar, attendance, & transcript requests.
- Class of 2020 - p3hkj4c
- Class of 2021 - hcgf6jp
- Class of 2022 - vlpspwp
- Class of 2023 - jgjagsc
Beliefs of the School Counseling Department at Alcoa High School
- All students are capable of achieving and learning according to their unique abilities with the proper tools and support.
- All students have specific developmental needs, which school counselors take into consideration when working in individual and group settings.
- All students deserve an advocate to connect with them so that they feel heard and to effectively communicate their needs to appropriate people or connect them with helpful resources.
- Students are most successful when all stakeholders are involved in the planning, managing, delivery, and evaluating of the Comprehensive School Counseling Program.
- Data should be used effectively and efficiently to inform program decisions and improve student achievement.
- Ethical standards set by the American School Counseling Association guide the work of school counselors in order to maintain the confidentiality of all students and make them feel safe.
Vision Statement of the School Counseling Department at Alcoa High School
Alcoa High School Counselors are partners to ensure all students succeed in school, at home, and throughout life.
Mission Statement of the School Counseling Department at Alcoa High School
The mission of Alcoa High School Counselors is to support students’ academic, emotional, and social growth on their paths to postsecondary success.