Welcome! This site is designed for current students and parents, as well as future and former students of Alcoa High School. Here you will find resources and forms that will help current students and parents research colleges and careers, provide information and forms for prospective students (both resident and tuition), and assistance and forms for former students who need copies of their high school transcripts. Students are encouraged to visit their school counselor for academic, college and career, and personal/social counseling needs.
Who to Contact:
Hali Wright: School Counselor, students with last names beginning with A-K
Katie Ferrell: School Counselor, students with last names beginning with L-Z
Tracy Downs: School Counselor and Coordinator at Pershing Academy of Learning (PAL)
Leann White: Registrar, attendance, & transcript requests
Join your specific grade-level Google Classroom for important announcements, reminders, and resources about events, postsecondary planning, scholarships, community service/job opportunities, graduation requirements, and more! All current AHS students are expected to join and check often.
- Class of 2023 - jgjagsc
- Class of 2024 - 3s3hvwp
- Class of 2025 - 6m4ywlk
- Class of 2026 - y6x3qyb
ICYMI: College & Career Planning Night 5/12/22
If you missed the spring College and Career Planning Night or want access to the information presented, here is the video recording of the meeting and Erika Adams's presentation. There is a lot of valuable information here! If you have any questions, reach out to Ms. Adams directly. Here's her contact information...you can email or text her!
Erika Adams | Outreach Specialist East
Mission Statement of the School Counseling Department at Alcoa High School
The mission of Alcoa High School Counselors is to support students’ academic, emotional, and social growth on their paths to postsecondary success.
Vision Statement of the School Counseling Department at Alcoa High School
Alcoa High School Counselors are partners to ensure all students succeed in school, at home, and throughout life.
Beliefs of the School Counseling Department at Alcoa High School
- All students are capable of achieving and learning according to their unique abilities with the proper tools and support.
- All students have specific developmental needs, which school counselors take into consideration when working in individual and group settings.
- All students deserve an advocate to connect with them so that they feel heard and to effectively communicate their needs to appropriate people or connect them with helpful resources.
- Students are most successful when all stakeholders are involved in the planning, managing, delivery, and evaluating of the Comprehensive School Counseling Program.
- Data should be used effectively and efficiently to inform program decisions and improve student achievement.
- Ethical standards set by the American School Counseling Association guide the work of school counselors in order to maintain the confidentiality of all students and make them feel safe.