After teaching English/Language Arts in the classroom for one year, I became a school librarian, and couldn't imagine ever going back to only being a classroom teacher. Young adult literature is a passion, and I strive to ignite that passion in as many students as I can. I am also a research nerd; I enjoy the challenge of searching for research facts.
When I am not working, I love spending time with my husband, three children, and my dog, Scout. The gym is my second home, where I am a fitness instructor, teaching Bodypump, spinning/RPM, and Pound.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education/Library Science Endorsement- Tennessee Technological University 1995
- Masters Degree of Science in Education, Administration and Supervision- Tennessee Technological University 1998
- Education Specialist in Education, Curriculum and Instruction- Tennessee Technological University 2001
- TASL Member
- ALAN Member
- 2017 ALAN Cart/Campbell Grant Winner
- 2018-2021 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award Committee Member
- 2021-2022 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award Commitee Chairperson