Athletics Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame awards will recognize and honor outstanding achievements of individuals, coaches and contributors to the athletic program and who have promoted the growth of athletics at Alcoa High School. The other intent of this award is to display to students and the public the athletic accomplishments of people who have been instrumental in creating an excellent athletic tradition at Alcoa High School.
Athlete Induction Qualifications
- The person must be a graduate of Alcoa High School
- Moral character, good citizenship, and academic performance during high school and post high school years shall be a consideration.
- Nominees into the Alcoa High School Hall of Fame shall have graduated 10 or more years ago.
- Although athletic achievement while attending Alcoa High School is of prime importance, outstanding accomplishments after leaving Alcoa High School will also be a factor in making the selection.
- They are examples of good character and citizenship.
- No member of the committee, or members family will be eligible for induction while serving on the selection committee.
Coach Induction Qualifications
- Will have coached at least 10 years at Alcoa High School
- Record while coaching at Alcoa High School
- Three years must elapse after completion of their tenure as a coach at Alcoa High School before consideration is given for selection. They must be 55 years old or older
- Contributions to their respective sport and the Alcoa High School athletic program.
- No member of the committee, or member's family, will be eligible for induction while serving on the selection committee.
- Who have made an outstanding contribution to Alcoa High School Athletic Programs.